Who said being vegetarian is lame? I’m pretty good at improvisation, and I’m very good at sneaking in extra veggies for the boy (he’s definitely a carnivore), so on this occasion, I made burritos!
For the ingredients, click the jump!
Rice w/ Cilantro
- This was made with veggie stock in replace of water. I also seasoned with garlic, cilantro, salt and black pepper. Follow directions on bag when preparing rice.
- If from the can, make sure you clean off thoroughly! Rinse, rinse, rinse! (Just warm up and serve)
- If using corn from can, make sure you clean off thoroughly! Add 1/2 red pepper to skillet first, along with cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper. Let cook until tender. Add corn. Mix well. Transfer to container for refrigeration.
Pico de Gallo
- One large tomato (deseeded), 1/4 chopped onion, cilantro, salt, garlic granules and small lime. Chop tomato and onion and place into container. Mix. Add cilantro, salt and garlic granules. Mix. Roll small lime, cut and squeeze juice into mixture. Refrigerate for an hour (the longer, the better)
- 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 red pepper and 1/4 onion (sliced), pepper, garlic granules, salt and veggie stock. You may also use a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) for your skillet. Using medium/high heat, add oil and when hot, add veggies. Add all other ingredients. Cook until tender, but not soggy.
Sour Cream (optional)
- Use boneless chicken breasts/tenders, cilantro, season salt. Cut up chicken into small chunks. Add chicken to skillet (may use EVOO if you need to) and add other ingredients. Cook thoroughly over medium/high. Chicken should be juicy – not dry!