Follow SFLE on Twitter . Like SFLE on Facebook . SFLE on Tumblr . Instagram with SFLE
Yessssssss! I did it, I did it! I said I “might would do it” in my Influenster J’adore VoxBox Unboxing video, but I actually did. I love it. The results speak for themselves.
I will say, I didn’t straighten my hair for it to be bone straight. That wasn’t a look I was going for, nor did I desire to have it that way. Quite frankly, I was over the whole straightening process midway through blow drying (it’s so much work!), but I wanted to see the results and I’m glad I stuck it out.
I received the John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Flat Iron Spray* and was a little skeptical on whether or not it would be legit enough to use alone… so I used the good sense God gave me and used it in conjunction with these products:
(l-r) John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Flat Iron Spray, John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum Thermal Protection, Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil
How I Straightened My Hair
You can watch the process here:
Can’t see the video? Click here.
Olive Oil (optional)
Fine tooth comb
Wide tooth comb (to detangle hair) or Tangle Teezer
- Start with freshly washed, deep conditioned and detangled hair. I used UR Curly Soya Shampoo and The Mane Choice Deep Conditioner this go ’round. I also detangled my hair in my shower with my Ouidad shower comb and further detangled with my Tangle Teezer.
- Apply John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Flat Iron Spray all over strands. I used 15 sprays and thoroughly massaged it into my hair while using my Tangle Teezer to prep hair for blow drying.
- Using the tension method to blow dry hair, grab a section of hair, detangle, hold taut while blow drying, and twist hair up to keep it stretched and separate from wet hair. For more information on the tension blow-dry method, click here.
- Once all hair is dry, apply heat protectant (optional). I used John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum Thermal Protection. I only used a dime-sized amount for my entire head.
- Flat iron hair on setting best suited for your curls. You can find out more information here. I used a fine tooth rattail comb to chase my flatiron so that I knew my hair would be tangle free and straight. I also clipped my ends and used one pass of the flat-iron.
- Once all hair is flat ironed, add volume (optional). I used a small amount of Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil, applied it all over my hair, and used the flatiron to add some curl.
- Using 7-10 sponge rollers with a satin overlay, roll hair onto roller and allow it to set for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Take down rollers and finger style for desired look. Here are my results from Days 1-3:
Coat hair with oil of choice with a primary focus on the ends (less is best and if you need more, add accordingly). Roll hair onto rollers. Since sponge rollers are soft, it doesn’t bother me while I sleep. In the morning, take down rollers and finger style for desired look.
Here are some great resources about Straight Natural Hair:
Have you taken the #3DaysStraightLove Challenge? How were your results?
*I received this product from Influenster for testing purposes only.