Follow SFLE on Twitter . Like SFLE on Facebook . SFLE on Tumblr . Instagram with SFLE
Simple. Elegant. Chic.
Three words that describe this beautiful protective style for natural hair. If you have long hair, this is a perfect style to sport for a different look. Short to medium length natural hair? Not a problem – add some Marley hair for a fuller, longer braid. Check out the video tutorial below!
Can’t see the video? Click here!
You can also check out this step-by-step pictorial!
What you’ll need for this style:
Bundle of Marley Hair (with a rubber band wrapped around the middle and a Bobbi pin attached)
- Start on stretched hair.
- Section out a portion of hair in the front and add Marley hair by attaching Bobbi pin to section.
- Find the middle of the Marley hair and wrap sectioned off hair around the bundle. Secure with pin.
- Create three equal sections of your Marley hair and add small sections of your real to them to blend with braiding.
- Create a french braid and braid all the way down to the end of your strands.
- Jazz up look with accessories.
And yes, it is absolutely necessary (not really) to try out a headband or other accessory even if you don’t wear it out. Why? Because it’s fun and it adds so much LIFE to the look! Ahhh, I love it! I can’t wait to try this look with flowers for Spring.
Styles like this make it easy for me to grow out my shaved sides without putting a lot of unnecessary stress on them. It’s one thing to want them to blend, but over manipulation could seriously wreck havoc on my delicate edges and temples – no bueno.
So tell me: Would you wear this french braid? How would you jazz it up?